Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ten of a Kind: I don't know where I'm a-gonna go / When the volcano blow

Hey, I found another comic book panel to attach to today's earlier post about the eruption of Krakatoa! Mind you, it's out of a Charlton comic book, I had to go deep into Bully's Underground Comic Vault...much further than Marvel and DC, waaaaay past Fantagraphics and Dark Horse...but not as deep as Atlas/Seaboard. If I ever have to go down there again, I'll alert you ahead of time, and if I'm not back within ten days, Chris Sims gets my blog.

Anyways!


from "Volcano" in Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds #48 (Charlton, September 1965), pencils and inks by Rocco "Rocke" Mastroserio

Anyway, this made my little stuffed brain of needles and oatmeal spin around and I thought why not do a Ten of a Kind about volcanos? And then I thought naw, that trick never works. And then I did it. Hey, can you spot the included Same Story, Different Cover? (It's not hard.)












(More Ten of a Kind here.)

1 comment:

SallyP said...

There is just something about Volcanos. They make such perfect lairs. AT least when they aren't erupting and such.